PBC Summer Links
What Makes Portland Baseball Club Different?
- PBC teams are coached by experienced baseball coaches, it is not daddy baseball
- PBC teams are focused on team and player development, unlike tournament teams focused on individual success and winning tournaments
- PBC teaches skills necessary to play high school and college baseball, we are constantly learning and passing that on to the players
- PBC is for dedicated baseball players who want to work hard and play baseball
- PBC is an investment in your son's future, not a 3 tournament showcase
- PBC 14U program costs $1,100 for the team player fee
- $100 per month for our monthly training program
- Fundraisers are available to reduce the player fee
- Payment plans are encouraged
The Portland Baseball Club 14U teams are for players who are looking to become better baseball players through dedication, hard work, and an understanding of the physical and mental part of the game. Players will become better baseball player by learning the skills they need to compete at the high school and college level as well as an understanding of the mechanics and the game of baseball most 13-14 year olds do not possess. Learning new skills through repetition is great, but what happens in a game when the mechanics break down? Who is there to fix it? PBC players are taught to diagnose and make adjustments pitch to pitch, at bat to at bat, ground ball to ground ball.
At the 14U age level, skill development is first and foremost our priority. Players will be given ample opportunities throughout the fall, winter, spring, and summer to increase their baseball skills through private workouts, team practices, and game competition. The team will play 40-50 games between March and July. The games are primarily on weekends with a mid week game each week. The teams play in 6-8 tournaments primarily in the greater Portland area. We typically take 1-2 trips to Seattle or Bend for tournaments.
The PBC 14U teams play an independent schedule and are not part of any leagues. We abide by a May 1st birthdate which is the most commonly used in national organizations. Our players can come from all over the Portland/Vancouver area. By not participating in a league, we are not bound by the restrictions of the league rules. We play high school rules whenever possible, can schedule whatever tournaments we want to, and can play whoever we want to.
Monthly Training Program:
- In addition to our weekly team practice from November - July, we also offer a special team member training program
- For a monthly fee of $100, players are able to sign up for as many lesson times as they can attend each week
- These sessions focus on individual skill development and video analysis
- Skill specific camps and group sessions are included in this offer
- 50% discount on all PBC camps